Job Opening - Billing Team Member
Maple City Heath Care Center
Billing Team Member Job Description
Mission and Values:
The Billing Team Member functions on the Access Team and is responsible for carrying out Maple City Health Care Center’s mission by making health care affordable and accessible to patients and sustainable for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain patient accounts to maximize affordability and access to services
- Monitor patient accounts for accuracy and affordability
- Help patients maximize their usage of health coverage
- Consult with staff and patients about patient account questions
Maximize reimbursement from third-party payers
- Review work queues and submit claims
- Process third-party payments and follow up on claim denials
- Maintain enrollment with payers and clearinghouse
Participate in systems for quality and efficient billing
- Meet regularly with the billing team
- Utilize the electronic health record’s function to maximize automation and minimize manual review and correction
- Attend relevant trainings
- Consult with clinical and access team staff on billing matters
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Self-motivated, critical thinking
- Commitment to the mission of Maple City Health Care Center
- Spanish language proficiency required
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Accountability The Billing Team Member is supervised by the Billing Team Lead in collaboration with the Northside Access Team Coordinator. Details of review processes are outlined in the employment agreement and in the employee handbook.
Salary Range and Benefits Salary is determined according to the Employee Salary and Wage Protocol, based on a range of factors including education, experience, responsibility, and language proficiency. S/He/They will receive comprehensive employee benefits package, based on FTE.
To apply, send resume, three references, and a cover letter via email to Casandra Byler at firstname.lastname@example.org