Job Opening - Dental Assistant
Dental Assistant Level 1 - Full Time
The Dental Assistant is a member of the Dental team that includes the Dentist, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Front Office, and the Dental Care Coordinator. S/He/They supports the mission and values of Maple City Health Care Center by providing quality care in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct assistance to dentist or dental hygienist in patient care including collecting and recording patient history, caring for patients during dental procedures, and communicating pre-and post-operative instructions to parents/caretakers
- Document dental charting, develop and mount x-rays, and provide dental education for parents and children
- Prepare clinic for patients, including dental instruments/supplies, sterilization equipment and preparing trays for each patient, disinfecting and purging water lines, preparing autoclave reports for OSHA/CLIA purposes
- Employee must follow standards for universal OSHA precautions
Front Office Assistance:
- Clerical duties including pulling and filing of patient charts, scheduling appointments, confirmation reminder calls to patients, assisting with Medicaid and insurance billing, answering phones, accepting payment, etc.
- Other duties that support our shared work, as assigned
- Sufficient experience in cross-cultural settings and commitment to work collaboratively within the organization
- Bilingual: English/Spanish required
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required
- Dental assistant certificate preferred
- Computer knowledge/skills including Windows applications
- Six months to one year of experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions of this work
The Dental Assistant is supervised by the Dental Manager with administrative oversight by the Vista Access Team Coordinator. Details of review processes are outlined in the employment agreement and in the employee handbook.
Salary Range and Benefits
Salary is determined according to the Employee Salary and Wage Protocol, based on a range of factors including education, experience, responsibility, and language proficiency. S/He/They will receive comprehensive employee benefits package, based on FTE.
To begin the application process, please email your resume and a cover letter to Liliana Ballge at firstname.lastname@example.org.