Job Opening - Medical Assistant
Job Description - Medical Assistant
Mission and Values
Medical Assistant will further the mission and values of MCHCC in his/her role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in a cross-disciplinary care team, treat clients and team members with care and respect
- Support the work of physicians and nurse practitioners with patient intake, screening exams, and documentation in electronic medical records in an accurate and timely manner
Position Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience, Work Hours, and Travel Requirements
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Graduation from an accredited high school or GED equivalency required.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to the public in person or on the telephone.
- Work hours: typically 40 hours a week
- Fluently bilingual: English/Spanish; oral and written
Employees at MCHCC begin their employment with a three-month provisional period. After provisional period reviews will occur annually. Will receive a formal review by supervisor, evaluating how she/he is performing within the parameters of this job description.
- Accountable to the Guardian of Medical Services through the Care Team Coordinator.
Salary Range and Benefits
- A Medical Assistant will be paid according to the employee salary and wage policy.
- He/she will receive the standard employee benefit package.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Rodolfo Gonzalez via either email at firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Rodolfo Gonzalez; Maple City Health Care Center; 213 Middlebury Street; Goshen, IN 46528