Job Opening - Dental Assistant - Expanded Functions
Dental Assistant - Level 2 (Expanded Functions) - Full Time
The Dental Assistant is a member of the Dental team that includes a Dentist, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Front Office, and the Dental Care Coordinator. S/He/They supports the mission and values of Maple City Health Care Center by providing quality care in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct assistance to dentist or dental hygienist in patient care including collecting and recording patient history, caring for patients during dental procedures, and communicating pre-and post-operative instructions to parents/caretakers
- Document dental charting, develop and mount x-rays, and provide dental education for parents and children
- Prepare clinic for patients: maintaining dental instruments/supplies, sterilizing equipment, preparing trays for each patient, disinfecting and purging water lines, and preparing autoclave reports for OSHA/CLIA purposes
- Employee must follow standards for universal OSHA precautions
Expanded Clinical Assistance
- Takes dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Assists hygienist as needed (coronal polishing and topical fluoride application if additional training has been completed)
- Applies pit and fissure sealants
- Removes excess cement from fabricated restorations
- Places amalgams/composites as requested by dentist
- Sufficient experience in cross-cultural settings and commitment to work collaboratively within the organization
- Bilingual: English/Spanish required
- Dental assistant certificate with expanded functions training required
- Computer knowledge/skills including Windows applications
- Six months to one year of experience, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions of this work
The Dental Assistant is supervised by the Dental Care Coordinator with administrative oversight by Access Team Coordinator. Details of review processes are outlined in the employment agreement and in the employee handbook.
Salary Range and Benefits
Salary is determined according to the Employee Salary and Wage Protocol, based on a range of factors including education, experience, responsibility, and language proficiency. S/He/They will receive comprehensive employee benefits package, based on FTE.
To begin the application process, please email a cover letter and your resume to Liliana Ballge at email@example.com.