Job Opening - Health Insurance Navigator
Maple City Heath Care Center
Health Insurance Navigator Job Description
The Navigator is a member of the Access team that includes Billing, Front Office and Social Service Coordinators. S/He/They supports the mission and values of Maple City Health Care Center, Inc. by supporting patients and non-patients in accessing health care. The Enrollment and Community Engagement Navigator will also facilitate relationships with patients and community members in community organizing efforts
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist patients and non-patients in accessing information and coverage through Medicaid and the Marketplace, including enrollment, research, and follow up.
- Work to advocate for, educate, and assist families who are patients at MCHCC to maintain coverage from Medicaid and the Marketplace plans with minimal interruption in coverage. Work with the Navigator team to ensure appropriate coverage and availability.
- Maintain certification as an Indiana Navigator and a Certified Application Counselor.
- Help patients access in-house resources, including resource assessment, payment options, and debt relief.
- Help patients with financial resources related to accessing health care services such as the Goshen Hospital Financial Assistance program.
- Other duties that support our shared work, as assigned
- Obtain and maintain certification as an Indiana Navigator and Certified Application Counselor
- Experience in cross-cultural settings
- Work hours: typically 40 hours a week
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Fluently bilingual: English/Spanish; oral and written
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Navigator will be supervised by the Access Team Coordinator. Details of review processes are outlined in the employment agreement and in the employee handbook.
Salary Range and Benefits:
Salary is determined according to the employee salary and wage policy, based on a range of factors including education, experience, responsibility, and language proficiency. The navigator will receive comprehensive employee benefits package, based on FTE.
To apply, send resume, three references, and a cover letter to Liliana Ballge via email at firstname.lastname@example.org